- Shower, wax, shave and exfoliate before appointment to smooth skin and help eliminate rough patches. No DOVE body wash/soap.
- It is best to tan 1-3 days before an event/vacation.
- NO lotions, moisturizer, perfumes, deodorant, or makeup. This will be a barrier to the airbrush tan.
- Mani/Pedi should be done before airbrush tan to avoid streaking.
- During service, wear whatever makes you feel comfortable: naked, underwear,
- Bring dark loose-fitting clothes to wear after airbrush tan is applied.
- The airbrush tan takes 6-8 hours to fully develop.
- Avoid any moisture/liquid/exercise after airbrush tan is applied for at least 6-8 hours. This can streak your tan.
- After the 6-8 hours, take a shower but NO exfoliating. The more you exfoliate (shaving, waxing, loofah, washcloths, sugar scrubs) the quicker the airbrush tan will fade.
- After your shower, apply a hydrating lotion TWICE daily to maintain your airbrush tan and ensure an even, flawless tan.
- Avoid long hot showers, extended time in chlorinated pools, and exfoliating products.
- Airbrush tan can last 7-10 days.
- Airbrush tan has NO SPF – please wear sunscreen daily.
*The Bronze Boutique offers airbrush tanning extenders. Developed in order to help when your tan wears off, the lotion extender contains a light blend of DHA which offers a gradual tan development. You can build, accelerate, or extend your airbrush tan up to 2 weeks. The revolutionary, fast-drying, spray mist formula is perfect for a golden glow. Non-greasy and easy to apply with even results. Best of all, they are both Paraben Free.
What is Dihydroxyacetone (DHA)
DHA is an FDA approved simple carbohydrate compound that is derived from plant sources such as beet sugar and causes a natural tanning of the skin when applied at the right concentration. DHA works by reacting with protein in the stratum corneum, the outermost surface of the skin, forming a brown color. The color stays until the skin is sloughed during the normal process of skin replacement.